· The majority of floatants on the market today use silicone oils as a primary additive.
· Silicone oils are only 90% effective in repelling water from the flies thread and fibers.
· Silicone oils are incompatible with wax additives and separates causing noticeable oil slick on the water’s surface.
· Formulations with silicone oils causes thread and fiber discoloration.
· Silicone oils do not biodegrade and can accumulate in the environment.
· Floatant formulations with silicone oils are only effective for the first 5 casts or so and the dry flies start to sink into the surface water film whereas reapplication is needed.
· Fish slime permeates into the flies fibers with silicone based floatants rendering the dry fly useless and needs to be replaced.
The Silver Trout (TST) Floatants
· No silicone oils are used in the TST floatant products and have a higher concentration of proprietary wax additives.
· TST floatants are 100% effective in repelling water from the flies fibers.
· TST floatants are 100% compatible and no oil slick is produced.
· TST floatants absorb into thread and fibers and retains its natural coloration.
· TST floatants are 100% biodegradable and completely safe for the environment.
· TST floatants blocks fish slime from permeating into the flies thread and fibers. A simple wipe off of the slime, and a small amount of floatant reapplied with the same fly can be used 8+ times on hook ups.
In a nut shell TST floatants will last 3-4X longer then the leading silicone based floatants. Only a small amount of floatant is needed and one bottle will last 3X longer then the competitors bottled floatants. Every fly fisher who uses cool day, hot day, liquify-X and or UBF Universal paste can rest assure and be 100% confident that UBF floatants will perform to the utmost natural dry fly presentation and that equates to more hookups with less downtime.
Parachute caddis using UBF hotday after 8+ hookups all rainbow trout. Outside temperature 84F.